I’m back home in New Orleans from Dublin where it is still somehow 90 degrees with no signs of it being anything less. Dublin was such a lovely, albeit too short a time. Everyone is so kind, the hills are so green, the sheep are so round, and the croissants at Bread41 are truly remarkable.
I’m going to use this Sunday to spend some time in my garden and in the kitchen. As much as I’ve been up in the air this year, those two spaces help me feel like I have my feet on the ground.
This offering this week is simple. Take what you need and leave the rest. Next week we’ll talk about salt in baking and other useful things, ok? I just need a day or so to let my brain catch up to my body. My brain might still be in an Irish pub.
• It’s serious: Nancy Pelosi, An Extremely Stable Genius. (The New Yorker)
• Fiona Apple Is Still Calling BS. Tell em girl, tell em! There’s so much heart and humility in this. (Vulture)
• Actually, Michelle Williams is calling BS, too (The New York Times)
• Please read: A brother’s heartbreak.(SF Chronicle)
• Which drink is best for hydration? Hint: it isn’t water. Does this mean we’re drinking milk again? (CNN)
• I listened to this entire Dateline podcast in one day and WOW friends what a wild ride: The Thing About Pam. (Stitcher)
• Here a few thoughts and a little interview I did with my friends at Smoke Artisan Perfume Company. (Smoke Perfume)
• In the Voraciously Baking Basics newsletter this week we’re making Everybody’s Grandmother’s Perfect Pound Cake. So many of you made last week’s cookies and I hope you enjoy this classic cake just as much! Here’s a link to sign up for the newsletter if you haven’t yet: Washington Post Voraciously Baking Basics.
• News break: I love this necklace. (Bauble Bar)
• Cordial CBD saves me when I travel. (Cordial Organics)
• This week I’m making a gluten-free version of this Pumpkin Bread. (Joy the Baker)
• Deb made seemingly irresistible folded Cinnamon Sugar Scones and we’re all glad for it. (Smitten Kitchen)
Enjoy this day, my friends!
My love to you.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.